Agensi Pekerjaan Wobb Sdn Bhd (1106434-A) (“Wobb”) respects the privacy of individuals with regard to personal data and is committed to protecting the privacy of its users, and strives to provide a safe, secure user experience. Wobb places great importance and/or priority on data security and data protection.
The following discloses Wobb’s information gathering and dissemination practices for the Wobb Job Site Service (“the Site”):
Types of Information Collected
In connection with your use of the Site, we ask for and may collect information from and about you in different ways and at different points on the Wobb Job Site Service. Some of the information that you submit may be personally identifiable information (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you).
- First, in order to participate in the Wobb Job Site Service, you must join Wobb. When you join the Wobb Job Site Service, Agensi Pekerjaan Wobb Sdn. Bhd. collects certain personally identifiable information, including your name, address (physical and email), and general educational and professional background ("Member Information").
- Second, to begin using Wobb Job Site Service, you will be asked to register by opening a personal user account. Through the online registration form certain information, including job type, salary range, desired location of employment and your resume ("Registration Information") is collected. An asterisk indicates which information is mandatory in order to complete the registration process.
- Third, if you choose to submit information for a particular job posting, you may be asked to complete a more extensive employer-specific questionnaire (an "Employer Questionnaire") to provide additional information to fine-tune your qualifications and candidacy for that specific job posting ("Candidacy Information"). Your Membership Information, Registration Information and Candidacy Information are collectively referred to below as your "Employment Information."
You do not have to give us any personal information in order to perform job searches or to read the content portions of our Site. We collect the following general types of information about you when you visit our Sites: personal information, demographic information, behavioral information, and indirect information. Sometimes we collect combinations of all these types of information. In each case, it is indicated on the web site whether any personal or demographic data must be provided to use the requested service or not.
- Personal information is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate, personally. We do not collect personal information unless you choose to provide it to us as stated above.
- Demographic information is information that is not unique to you in the sense that it refers to selected population characteristics, such as your ZIP code or postal code, age, preferences, gender, race or ethnicity, occupation, career history, interests and favorites.
- We also collect behavioral information regarding how you use our site and mobile applications, the areas of our site that you visit, what services you access, and information about your computer hardware and software including your IP address, geolocation, browser and operating system type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is necessary for analyzing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services.
- In addition, Wobb may collect indirect information about you when you use certain third party services on the Wobb Job Site Service and the collection of such information is considered necessary for that purpose.
We do not collect sensitive personal data or confidential information such as the password of your email account; password of your Wobb account (as it is automatically encrypted and saved in the Wobb database when you create an account or register with Wobb and is not authorized for access by Wobb unless desired under any legal obligation); financial information such as Bank Account details or Credit Card or Debit Card or other payment related details; physical and mental or other health conditions or medical records and history; Biometric information such as fingerprints, voice & facial patterns and DNA or any other sensitive information which is confidential or sensitive by its nature.
We may personalize the advertising that you are shown on the Wobb Job Site Service with which we have a business relationship. In order to provide this personalization, in addition to information we collect about you on Wobb Job Site Service, we acquire information (including personal, demographic, behavioral and indirect information) about you from third parties who provide it to us.
Your Employment Information together with your personal information, demographic information behavioural information and indirect information are hereinafter referred to as your “Personal Data”. The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide Wobb with your personal data, Wobb will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes outlined below.
Purpose of Processing Personal Data
Wobb may use and process your personal Data for business and activities which shall include, but not limited to the following:
For the Jobseeker
Once you have activated your Wobb Job Site personal user account, Wobb submits your Registration Information to the Wobb Job Site profiling engine to attempt to match your information with available job postings. Upon a match of your Registration Information with a job posting, Wobb will notify you via email if you have elected to receive such notifications. Upon reviewing a job posting, your Employment Information will be forwarded to that potential employer only if you click on the "Apply" or "Submit" button, thereby instructing Wobb to forward the Employment Information to the potential employer.
By the Potential Employer
Wobb has granted potential employers the ability to run searches through the Wobb Job Site profiling engine to match their job postings with jobseekers' Registration Information. No personally identifiable information is released to these potential employers during these searches, and potential employers are not able to contact jobseekers through this portion of the Wobb Job Site Service. Notwithstanding the foregoing, by agreeing to use our services, your Employment Information may be shared with a potential employer, the potential employer will have access to your Employment Information and has agreed to treat that information as confidential and to not disclose it to any third party without your prior written consent.
For the Employer
Once you have signed up for an account with Wobb, the information you provided will be used to perform Wobb’s obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you, to facilitate and/or provide you with any service you have requested as envisaged under the Site and to process your information to create your employer page with the Site for jobseekers to gain basic information about the employer.
The information is also used to validate payment made by the employer relating to services and products requested from the Site and to process cancellations and/or refunds for the services that have not been rendered to you, where applicable, subject to other specific terms and conditions for the services. Wobb may use the information to understand and analyse our sales as well as your needs and preferences to improve Wobb’s services to you, to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs or to contact you for product or customer satisfaction surveys and market research; and for all other purposes ancillary to any of the purposes stated above.
Wobb has contracted with a third party Application Service Provider (ASP) to implement and host the Wobb Job Site Service. Information collected from you and potential employers will be stored on the ASP's server and processed through its profiling engine. The ASP is not permitted to disclose your personally identifiable information to any third party without your consent.
Users' Consent to Wobb to Use the Information
By registering with Wobb, by managing your profile, or opting in when presented with choices, you have explicitly consented for us to use your information, subject to local law, in the following ways, including to:
- allow you to create an account;
- create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to Wobb;
- contact you about Wobb Job Site updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- provide you additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice;
- inform you of other products or services available from Wobb;
- enable you to provide feedback, to contact us and for us to respond to you;
- conduct surveys, questionnaires, promotions and contests, and to provide the results thereof such as success stories and contest winners;
- provide information about you and your potential interest in job postings to employer customers;
- provide products and services to employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process, such as accessing the searchable resume database;
- provide products and services that enable users to network, post information on bulletin boards, view and compare profiles, and career background and experience;
- generate internal reports about the use of our site; and to provide 'forward to a friend' features.
Some of our products and services, such as our searchable resume database and networking, enable third parties to see your personal information and to contact you. Profile information may be used for networking with other community members or may be visible to employers who are using the Wobb Job Site. In addition, portions of your searchable resume (but not your contact information) may be made public in your networking profile.
Information you post in public areas of the site or place in the searchable resume database will be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of personal information as defined by your country of residence. By providing your personal information for inclusion in our database, you acknowledge that you consent to your information being used as described here. While Wobb takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use by third parties, Wobb does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the Wobb Job Sites. Accordingly, you should ensure that you do not post sensitive information, including personality profiles, to the Site.
Revocation of Consent
If you wish to revoke the consent that Wobb has obtained from you for the purposes stipulated herein, please contact us at:
Telephone No.: 603-2771 0141
E-mail: [email protected]
Designation of Contact Person: Alyssa Choong
Use and Disclosure of the Information We Collect
We use the information we gather on the Wobb Job Site, whether personal, demographic, collective or technical, for the purposes of operating and improving the Wobb Job Site, fostering a positive user experience, and delivering the products and services that we offer.
If you have provided consent for us to do so, we may also use the information we gather to inform you of other products or services available from us or our affiliated companies or to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered.
We may use your contact information in order to send you e-mail or other communications regarding updates at the Site to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered.
Accessing, Limiting, Correcting and Updating Your Personal Data
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws of Malaysia, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for the abovementioned purposes and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting us at:
Telephone No.: 603-2771 0141
E-mail: [email protected]
Designation of Contact Person: Alyssa Choong
Subject to any laws of Malaysia, Wobb reserves the right to impose a fee for access of your Personal Data in the amounts as permitted therein. In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, Wobb has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any corrections to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
Disclosure of Information to Others
We disclose to third parties within your country and abroad your personal information, combined personal, demographic, behavioral or indirect information, as set forth below:
- We disclose your resume to employers who have posted job opportunities that may be of interest to you on the Wobb Job Site when you apply for those jobs. We may share your information with third parties who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting our web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals may be located in a country whose data protection legislation is different from your country, and they will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party or use that data for any other purpose. We will remain responsible for any information shared in this way.
- We disclose information to third parties if you consent to such disclosure. For example, if you make your resume searchable, then all parties with access to our searchable resume database (or copies thereof) will have access to your resume. If you indicate that you would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties at the time you register for a Wobb account, we supply your contact information to third parties such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you.
- We use data we have about you (such as the interests and preferences you have expressed) to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third-party. For example, if you indicate that you would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties at the time you register for a Wobb account, we supply your contact information to third parties such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you.
- We also share aggregated anonymous information about visitors to the Wobb Job Site with Wobb's clients, partners, other Site visitors, and other third parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to the Sites and how those visitors use the Sites in order to serve advertisements to you on our Sites or other sites with which we have a business relationship. We may also aggregate on an anonymous basis data regarding job qualifications, schooling, age, experience level or other information relevant to the job search or competition among job seekers for any such job. Such aggregated data does not identify users individually, and may be made available to employers or fellow job seekers or community members. We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting our web servers, data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as may necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party.
- We disclose information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public. We may disclose and transfer information to a third party who acquires any or all of Wobb's business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event Wobb becomes the subject of a bankruptcy proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, Wobb or its liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party via e-mail or through a prominent notice posted on the Site.
We use "cookies" to help personalize and maximize your online experience and time online. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a Web page server. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer, and can only be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
You may have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline all cookies if you prefer. Alternatively, you may be able to modify your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis. If you choose to decline cookies, however, that may hinder performance and negatively impact your experience on the Site.
Third-party cookies and functions
The Site and the ASP may use a tracking technique that employs embedded URLs to allow use of the Site without cookies. Embedded URLs allow limited information to follow you as you navigate the site, but is not associated with personal information and is not used beyond the session.
The Site and the ASP may use embedded pixel technologies on selected pages for the purposes of identifying unique user visits to the Web sites, as opposed to aggregate hits, and to identify the pages viewed. We may also use embedded pixel technologies to determine whether the recipient of an e-mail has opened a particular message. The information provided by these technologies may be re-associated with personal information by the Site.
Retention of Personal Data
We will not retain your personal data longer than necessary for the fulfilment of the abovementioned purposes. However, relevant Personal Data may be retained subject to the conditions below:
- as and when required under any applicable laws or legislation of Malaysia;
- where legal actions have arisen and are pending; and
- for commercial and/or operational purpose of Wobb.
Wobb shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Data is destroyed or permanently deleted when no longer required for the abovementioned purposes.
Disclosure of Information
Your Employment Information is released only when you choose to do so, and your information is only released to the potential employer who posted the job to which you are responding. Once your Employment Information has been forwarded to a potential employer, all correspondences are directly between you and that potential employer. Employers have agreed to not disclose your Employment Information to third parties.
As a user of the Site, you may restrict distribution of your Employment Information by indicating such restrictions in your account.
As indicated above, you will be informed at each collection point what information is required and what information is optional. If the Site matches your Registration Information with a particular job posting, you will be notified by email only if you have chosen to receive such notifications. You may opt out of receiving email notifications at any time.