- To implement green initiatives in all projects
- To provide high quality engineering services to stakeholders/clients/developers with quality control (QC)
- To provide awareness and advice to stakeholder
- To provide a comfortable working environment for learning new skills and knowledge
- To adopt value-added quality design & project management to ensure customer satisfaction
- To emerge as a market leader & benchmark for the industry by recognition and representation
- To establish alliance with other professionals
- To adopt corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- To practice innovation through R&D
Please log in to view salary
About The Job
- Provide power systems design and support to development and construction teams working on power plant projects.
- Collect system data from client, utility, suppliers, manufacturers and subcontractors for power system modelling.
- Design collection systems, including cable routing and cable sizing.
- Manage and perform system studies such as load flow, short circuit, power factor correction, power system protection, etc.
- Provide value engineering solutions to end-user/client/developer through high-end power system software modules and strong analytical engineering knowledge.
- Review interconnection standards, establish interconnection requirements and ensure compliance.
- Design specifications for interconnection switchyard, power plant substation, and power infrastructure including transformers, cables, breakers, and power factor correction equipment.
- Prepare design drawings of grid interconnection and collection system for interconnection applications.
- Prepare design drawings of power system infrastructure.
- Optimize power transmission and distribution systems in terms of life cycle cost.
- Participation in client meetings and site visits to collect design and engineering data.
- Communication with local authorities/utilities concerning system and interface requirements.
- Electrical Engineer up to 2 years of experience.
- However, fresh graduates are encouraged to apply - Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering/power system engineering/electrical & electronics engineering with minimum CGPA of 3.3
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office, Autocad, Adobe PDF.
- Basic proficiency in Power System Software such as ETAP, PSSE, etc will be an added advantage, however it is not a necessity.
- Learning new knowledge/skills/software/advanced software functions in the job (proper direction/training will be provided) is expected.
- Good proficiency in English & Bahasa Malaysia (written and oral).
- Communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work as a team member and to clearly communicate required outcomes for accurate implementation.
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Well organized, and being able to multi-task, set priorities and work under pressure.
- Must have own transportation (car).
OUR CULTURE/OUR VALUES
POWER SYSTEM ENGINEERING CONSULTANCY
VELLD Power System Consult Sdn Bhd is a power system engineering consultancy firm in Malaysia. We have completed engineering services for numerous projects including Renewable Energy (Solar Farms, Bioenergy Plants, Hydro Plants), co-generation plants, conventional power plants, and manufacturing plants, with a completed total generation/load demand of more than 350 MW.