IT - Software Development
Please log in to view salary
Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur
About The Job
As a Software Engineer, you are required to write computer codes - utilizing industry standard software development and design methodologies appropriate to the functional design. You are also required to study existing codes, improve and refactor when possible, and participate in troubleshooting exercises.
- Collaborate with team members including business analysts, graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the software concept, interface design, and architecture of the software application and ultimately translate the design into codes.
- Regularly update team members on progress and time estimations to ensure smooth operations and accurate planning.
- As a responsible and active team member, you are always open to share and receive ideas, information and feedback to achieve your common goal.
- To review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and expected system behaviour.
- The rapid growth of our customer base has pushed our team to release version updates faster than ever. To keep up with the pace, you are encouraged to embrace and implement test automation to deliver your codes with speed and quality.
- Research solutions to code and performance issues.
- Study program specifications to gain deeper understanding of performance expectations and coding requirements.
- Strive to propose/experiment on technologies, methodologies, tools and components that can make the products more robust, resilient and perform beyond expectation.
- To continuously participate in industry events, read and potentially contribute to relevant publications to advance your professional skills and career
- You are also encouraged to pursue educational opportunities in related field while under employment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Experience can make up for the lack of a degree.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and strong work ethic with can do attitude.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.