Accounting and finance
Please log in to view salary
WISMA OCM, KL, Kuala Lumpur
About The Job
Specifically, in the first 1-2 years you will be responsible for ensuring our general accounts continue to be in order including regular maintenance, transaction processing, month end reporting related to general accounting in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with policies, and guidelines. This will involve aspects of the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, ensuring accurate recognition of financial position, solvency, liquidity, cash flows of our business and reporting of accounts, including direct liaising with various partners and stakeholders (shareholders, COSEC, government agencies, banks, etc) to provide information or respond to internal and external requests. Finally, you will be working directly with the sales and global operations team to support inventory and supply chain planning and management and you will need to be open to other related and non-related tasks as the Team needs
This will be an eclectic role and your responsibilities will evolve and grow every 6-12 months. The right candidate will have a nimble mind and be adaptable to the ever-changing environment of a fast growing start-up / scale up venture. This is a great opportunity to grow into a CFO / Financial Controller for an exceptional person.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the full accounting operations on accounting principles for retail & e-commerce.
- Perform month-end general ledger account reconciliations and reviews to ensure accurate monthly recognition and reporting of accruals and associated expenses.
- Prepare analysis and journal entries for multiple profit centers.
- Manage the annual audit and provide supporting documentation as requested.
- Maintain accounting controls by reviewing, preparing, recommending policies & procedures
- Prepares monthly P&L, Balance Sheet summaries, analyses, roll-forwards monthly
- Develop periodic financial reports & statements, cash-flow budgets & financial forecasts.
- Together with the Sales team, help manage inventory control, supply chain operations, sales acquisitions and sales channel partner support and online e-commerce
- Research and respond to inquiries from internal team members and management
- Liaise with and manage relationships with relevant external stakeholders
- Maintain integrity of data in accounts and functional areas of responsibility.
- Work on SOP’s and process improvement projects as may be assigned.
- Special projects as needed to assist the company in achieving its goals and objectives.
- Other duties assigned by Management
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 4 -5 years experience in a related, retail-focused, Start-up/SME accounting role
- Strong mathematical skills and finance savvy
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Bahasa
- Strong external partnership relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Proven working experience as an accountant in a multi-sales channel, retail field
- Personal responsibility, leadership and management skills in the accounts area
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong learning ability and problem solving skills
- Onside with LILA’s mission – to improve the way people move
- Monthly salary / RM6000 - RM8000+(dependent on experience)
- Yearly merit-based bonus
- Company medical-card insurance
- Travel & phone monthly allowance
- Long-term employment and growth opportunity