- Our team is smart, friendly, self-driven, and passionate about the work we do.
- We work in a collaborative open space where we encourage creativity and ideas flow freely.
- You’ll be able to steer the future roadmap to improve our products, big or small, and see the results of your products reach our customers.
- Get to work with flexible working hours. Our priority is on getting the job done.
- Flat structure environment, you will be able to work independently and make your own choices.
- We provide guidance and mentorship to polish your technical skills as well as your entrepreneurship mindset.
- Ability to deploy and launch your work daily. No need to wait for lengthy management approval.
Please log in to view salary
Bangsar South City, Kuala Lumpur
About The Job
Who will love this job
A standout colleague, you’re always happy to support your peers and teammates; no job is too small for you.
A problem-solver, you’re comfortable with big-picture problems and savvy in breaking down big problems to quickly connect the dots.
A walk-the-talk attitude, you’d get things done and comfortable in a fast-paced dynamic environment. We work on project-based, sprint cycles.
An excellent communicator, you have a knack for delivering succinct technical information to an audience of different backgrounds. We work with other Shopline teams across Asia.
What you’ll be doing
We're looking for front-end engineers (0-2 years of experience) to join our SHOPLINE Malaysia team and help build products with high usability and aesthetic values. We welcome diversity and actively seek applicants who can bring a variety of backgrounds and perspectives to the team.
As an engineer at SHOPLINE, you'll collaborate with teams from other SHOPLINE branches across Asia. You will help craft our architecture and work across our codebase. This could include projects like:
- Developing new features on our web applications and cloud services
- Developing new integration with third-party services such as payment system, electronic direct mail, delivery and shipping services, and etc
- Investigating options to make parts of our client more performant and browser-agnostic
- Talking through designs for new features with our product and design teams
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or at least 1 year of full-time working experience in front-end web development
- Experienced in CSS Framework (ex. Bootstrap, Material Design) development
- Understanding of responsive-web-design (RWD) and UI/UX concepts
- Familiarity with Git
- Understanding of front-end performance optimization
- Unit testing/E2E testing experience
WHY JOIN US
Founded in 2013, SHOPLINE’s mission is to build an e-commerce platform where merchants can create their own online shop and provide the best shopping experience to their customers. SHOPLINE’s system allows merchants to quickly and easily create their own online shops that could be viewed on all mobile devices. It also comes with comprehensive features such as order and inventory management systems, payment and logistics systems, design themes, shop analytics tools, promotion tools, plus integration with various 3rd party services.
With our excellent team, we were accepted into the Silicon Valley-based 500 Startups accelerator in 2014. We were also one of the first startups invested by Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund in 2016. Our team is agile and we provide benefits and support comparable to overseas startups. If you are interested in e-commerce or working in a startup environment, come talk to us!