ServiceRocket is trusted by thousands of enterprises, helping them get the most out of their software and transforming the way they do business. Headquartered in Palo Alto, USA with offices in Kuala Lumpur, Sydney, and Santiago, our products and services help clients accelerate alignment, reduce friction and connect with their teams, partners and customers.
About The Job
As an Application Support Engineer, you will be the primary point of contact for our client (an open-source, high trust online chat service) to help them solve problems and utilize the solution to the fullest. A key part of your job will be to answer tickets coming in from customers on both technical and operational issues with our solution. You will spend time learning and understanding not only our software but the full stack solution too. In addition, you will work cross functionally to resolve customer issues in a timely fashion and will communicate important feedback and insights from customers in order to improve our product and services.
- Triage customer issues, debug, and find workarounds whenever possible
- Communicate via email and video conferencing solutions with potential and current clients
- Submit and communicate on bug reports as well as feature requests based on customer interactions
- Create or update documentation based on customer interactions
- Engage with the development/engineering team to escalate bugs, solve problems, or obtain missing information
- Be available for occasional weekend on-call coverage
- Ensure the knowledge we gain is shared with customers and users
- Maintain good ticket performance and satisfaction
- Meet or exceed SLA times consistently
- Reliably respond to on-call emergencies
- Affinity for (and experience with) providing customer support, and making customers happy
- Enjoy solving many small problems and potentially big problems per day
- Ability to triage and resolve bugs by collaborating with development/engineering team
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics clearly in written and spoken English with customers via tickets, Zoom calls, etc.
- Experience with support platforms (e.g. Zendesk, SalesForce.com, etc.) preferred
- Experience writing support content
- Experience managing the entire issue lifecycle, from customer, to development team, to resolution
- Ability to perform complex Linux System Administration tasks
- Experience with technical operations, full stack automation, DevOps or development2 or more of the following technical skills: Go, nginx, React, HTML5, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IOS, Android, SAML, OAuth
- Experience with OpenSource a plus
WE AMPLIFY DISRUPTIVE TECHNOLOGIES
WORKING AT SERVICEROCKET IS MORE THAN A JOB
We captured our core essence and now have a simple set of principles, our Values below, a foundation that every person in the company can use to confidently guide decisions and empower actions:
1. Delight the Customer
2. Share the Knowledge
3. Think Team
4. Focus on Outcome
5. Talk Straight
We are a young and energetic team. We not only work hard, we play hard too. We have a flat structure and we work in a casual and flexible environment.
Check us out at http://www.servicerocket.com/careers