Accounting and finance
Please log in to view salary
KLCC, Kuala Lumpur
About The Job
Responsibilities & Duties
- Management Accounting: to assist with setting up chart of accounts, preparation of the monthly management accounts and day to day management accounting responsibilities including month end processes for clients.
- Monitoring Reports: to prepare and issue monthly management reports to all clients every month.
- Statutory Accounts: to assist with the preparation of the annual statutory financial statements and related notes.
- Budget and Financial Plans: to assist with the preparation of the organisation’s annual budget and future financial plans.
- Accounting Transactions: to compute and process accounting transactions as required.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations: to perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations as appropriate.
- GST: to assist with GST reconciliation, preparation & submission of final GST returns, GST closure issues, GST audits.
- SST: to assist with SST registration, integration of SST with accounting software, SST reconciliation, preparation & submission of SST returns, SST audits.
- Special Projects: to assist the Head of Departments with special projects when necessary.
- Other duties commensurate with the grade, as may be requested by the Heads of Departments, especially contributing to a team approach to workload demands elsewhere within the wider group.
- Must have a recognised university degree or professional qualification in Accounting/Finance/ACCA/ICAEW/CIMA
- Min 5 years experience with a professional firm
- Strong experience with MYOB, SQL, QuickBooks and/or other accounting software packages.
- Has handled a portfolio of min 100 clients
- Has led a team of min 20-30 staff
- Good communication skills, written and verbal, with the team and clients' senior management
- Good interpersonal skills, with a successful record of attracting, hiring, retaining, and managing an audit team
- Self-motivated and leads by example
- A team player and willing to perform the basics where necessary
- Committed to working within budgetary and time constraints while calculating risks and providing a high-level of client satisfaction
- Experience across a broad range of industries, including construction - banking or insurance experience not necessary
- Technically proficient in accounting - consolidation in particular including that of foreign subsidiaries
- Well versed in tax issues
- Good administrator for managing job status, job allocation and various SOPs to ensure smooth operation of the accounts department