The PropSocial Family strives toward the common goals and takes care of one another. The office environment leans toward a casual and relaxing ambience. PropSocial also practices flexibility in terms of working hours, attire and work relationship amongst colleagues.
About The Job
- You are a member of a growing team of developers who deliver product increments and feature improvements in a startup environment
- You are self-driven and enjoy working closely with other team members and stakeholders
- You look for and take opportunities to guide team members where possible.
About The Product
- The product is a web application Malaysia in the prop tech space
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
- Integration of data storage solutions. (May include databases, key-value stores)
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization.
- Develop back-end code, Restful APIs and Web applications.
- 3-5 years experience working with Ruby on Rails.
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC and RESTful.
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business logic.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools. (e.g. Git)
- Familiarity with development aiding tools. (e.g. Bundler, Rake, Capistrano, etc.)
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
WHO WE ARE
PropSocial (www.propsocial.my) is an interactive property website, the first to feature honest reviews directly from the community which helps resolve property buyers' and sellers' challenges, concerns and needs. PropSocial is also the only property site that has content in English and Chinese language.