Most of our team started out in the recruitment sector but as we’ve grown it’s taken on it’s own personality with team members from all sorts of different backgrounds. The team now includes musicians, football fanatics, sailors, gamers, youth group organisers, a cat catcher and lots more.
Please log in to view salary
Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur
About The Job
We are a specialist Australian marketing agency, home to an experienced team of graphic designers, writers and digital marketing specialists, working with a portfolio of recruitment agency clients throughout New Zealand, Australia and Asia. We’ve been growing rapidly over the last three years and as a result, are shortly going to be opening a brand-new delivery office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
As the fifth person to join our new team in Kuala Lumpur, we’re looking for an experienced Graphic Designer to work alongside our Malaysian-based Operations Manager and Creative Design Manager, and design team in New Zealand, taking responsibility for the delivery of graphic content for our Australian and New Zealand clients.
The workload is tremendously varied, ranging from full re-brands through to digital ads, brand brochures and office redesigns.
There are two very simple objectives in this role:
- Make our client’s look fantastic
- Ensure all work is delivered consistency
Because of the diversity of the role, this is the tricky bit! We are looking for is someone who can clearly demonstrate practical knowledge with a number of key tools (listed below) and more importantly be able to demonstrate the attributes that we know will make you successful at Prominence.
- Adobe (obviously!) – the basics are obvious (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop), but also a very good practical knowledge of After Effects as a lot of our work is animation based.
- Microsoft – a comprehensive understanding of some of the more advanced functions around Word and PowerPoint.
- Google Web Designer – not essential, but nice experience to have
- The ability to multi-task – you need to enjoy hopping between jobs, being distracted throughout the day with new tasks, and generally embrace the feeling of always having something else to do.
- Attention to detail – although you’ll be working on loads of different projects and client accounts, it is very important that everything is delivered accurately to the very best standard possible, every time.
The role is senior level, however, it is intended to be hands-on, so a willingness to get stuck in with (even with tasks that can sometimes be menial) is key. There is plenty of opportunities to learn from our other designers and the broader marketing teams, plus we’re really open to trying new ideas and tools if that’s your thing.
As one of the first employees in our new Malaysian team, there are lots of career opportunities that will open up as we rapidly expand the team and business.
We pride ourselves on offering highly competitive rates of pay, plus have very regular and consistent hours (i.e. no crazy overtime!).
We’re based in Bangsar, plus we have offices in Auckland, New Zealand and Sydney, Australia.
We’re looking for someone to start in this role ASAP, so if it sounds like it could be for you get in touch now.
Prominence was founded out of the desire to help those in the recruitment sector respond to changes in consumer behaviour, namely the shift towards digital and social media.
As a results-focused marketing agency, Prominence focuses on five core areas, outsourced marketing, digital advertising, social advertising, website content writing, brand identity & design and online salary tools. Through these, Prominence has successfully helped numerous recruitment agencies throughout both Australia and New Zealand to eloquently grow their brand and expand their business, delivering a premier marketing solution that puts them ahead of their competition.