Please log in to view salary
Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
About The Job
A. Responsible for managing and executing the infrastructure in PRPC ICT encompassing Network covering event management, capacity management, availability management, provisioning management and infrastructure operations monitoring (level 2 support). Includes the management of IP Telephony Support and/or the WAN, LAN, Wireless Network units based on the industry’s best practices according to ITIL & ISO2000 standards, whilst being in alignment with PRPC’s business strategy, mission and values.
B. Execute the daily operation of the Network department between the plants in PRPC through engagement and feedback in alignment to PRPC-ICT policies and processes.
Key roles and responsibilities should include :
- Execute the implementation of communication network operations & management tools, processes and controls.
- Perform analysis the performance of testing/simulation of updated or new network component and prepare the relevant test reports.
- Create the up-to-date and accurate relevant documentation of changes, fixes, upgrades, enhancements of supported networks, training guides and implementation procedures in accordance to established standards, such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of network services.
- Prepare handover documents for the hand-over of implemented network components from development to support.
- Prepare a Disaster Recovery (DR) plan for the data back up and storage that includes the process and procedural standards to address routine, back up, redundancy and recovery architectures.
- Monitor the communications network performance levels and prepare the relevant documents for departmental head.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or related fields.
- Professional networking certifications in the IT industry certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, CCIP, CCSP, CCIE, and Certified IT Manager (CITM) are required.
- Professional certifications in recognised IT industry certifications such as ITIL v3, CITM, COBIT or other certification is an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in network operations, preferably in the IT industry or oil and gas related business.
- Knowledgeable in communication management.
- Knowledgeable in LAN/WAN/Wireless & telecommunication products from a technical perspective.
- Ability to analyse operational complexity and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to strategically analyse business and technology improvements which are beneficial to the organisation and drive the changes to achieve end results.
- Good understanding of operation and commercials of an ICT related organisation.
- Good command in English, both writing and speaking.
- Good presentation and communication skills are essential for the successful engagement of stakeholders and employees.