Media Works is Malaysia's prime digital content network with a highly engaged audience pool. Under the group's umbrella are a plethora of prominent news sites, including general news platform Malay Mail, Projek MM and Cincai News, leading tech sites Soya Cincau and Soya Cincau BM, and social news site The Rakyat Post.
Please log in to view salary
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
About The Job
As Junior Content Strategist, you will be working with the Lead Strategist on ideating fresh and engaging content to grow traffic for all of Media Works' websites as well as their social media platforms. Here's what your day-to-day will look like:
- Brainstorm new and strategic content for growth across platforms
- Analyse content trends and data insights to optimise performance
- Manage social media strategy and content creation, including video content
- Come up with effective story angles to produce and publish branded content
- Keep up with lifestyle news and trends in Malaysia to help guide timely coverage
- Measure, monitor and report on content performance
- Bachelor's Degree in Media, Communications, Marketing or similar fields
- 1-2 years experience working on digital content and/or social media
- An excellent command of the English language
- You can adapt to the fast and reactive nature of the media industry
- You are confident in working independently and responsible with your tasks
Good to have
- A good command of spoken and written Bahasa Malaysia and Mandarin
- A good sense for interesting stories and viral trends that appeal to Malaysians
- Experience in using tools like Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Hootsuite and more
WHAT IS MEDIA WORKS?
WHY WORK WITH US?
Creating effective digital campaigns is a virtue of the network, which means you'll get to work with various partners and experienced teams in the company to produce great work for our stakeholders. Grow into a digital-savvy individual adept in media knowledge with us.