The Digital Media Planner is a crucial position which requires an individual to work well within a team and be prepared for a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment. This individual is expected to show resourcefulness, exhibit accountability, work independently and demonstrate initiative.
The candidate needs to have excellent communication skills, a broad knowledge of media channels and trends, and analytical skills. Ultimately, this role drives innovation at the campaign level and cultivates key partnerships to deliver the best digital media opportunities to the client.
- To observe the market regularly to maintain their knowledge of audience trends and consumer behaviour, as well as performing competitor research to stay abreast of what marketing channels the competition is utilising.
- From campaign insights and data mining to creating personas, evaluating the target demographic through the media audiences use, the times and places they consume it, and how long they view different pieces of content.
- Work closely with Digital Strategist, Creative Team as well as Servicing Team to understand the client's business objectives and advertising strategy.
- Identify target audiences and analyse their characteristics, behaviour and media habits.
- Recommend the most appropriate types of media to use, as well as the most effective time spans and locations.
- Ensuring approved planned media are placed and consistent.
- Maintain records and prepare periodic reports as may be required on assigned accounts.
- Monitor and optimise the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Provide regular updates and post-campaign reporting with recommendations for optimisation and forward planning as required.