E-commerce is booming all across Southeast Asia, and while the daily influx of new online stores is great for shoppers, it can also get a little confusing. iprice was setup with one goal in mind – to be the one stop destination for e-commerce discovery. With a click of a button, it will give you access to the inventories of Southeast Asia’s best e-tailers.
IT - Data Science & Analytics
Please log in to view salary
Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur
About The Job
Our vision is to become the Skyscanner for online shopping, the place for South East Asia’s 600M people start their e-commerce journey. The place where consumers discover the latest trends, compare prices and get the best deal. With more than 500 million offers on our platform; 15 million monthly shoppers; and, a reputation as an independent authority when it comes to insights about the regional e-commerce sector, iPrice is at the centre of South East Asia’s e-commerce revolution.
Why join us?
Surround yourself with people who are ambitious, passionate, dynamic and constantly looking for ways to improve themselves. Join us and help us drive iPrice’s continued success, our monthly double-digit growth, and be a part of a diverse environment which combines the talent and insights of the 7 countries we that are operating in!
- Organization backed by world class investors like Line, Ventura and 500 Start-ups
- Management team comprised of international managers with experience from world-class organizations
- Performance focused culture championing ownership, transparency and open communication
- Diverse colleagues (25 nationalities and counting)
- Coaching and world-class trainings with access to key experts in your field
Business Intelligence is central to the growth of our business, as it provides us with the non-financial data granularity required to understand the levers of growth and how to best pull them to increase revenue. As such the BI team covers all the key components of our business and are pivotal to our overall continued success.
As a Business Intelligence intern at iPrice, you will have the opportunity to help one of SE Asia’s fastest growing businesses scale in a booming e-commerce market. With access to one of the region’s largest and most robust databases, encompassing everything from consumer demographics to on-site behavior, you will use the latest cutting-edge Business Intelligence systems to help our management team make the right business decisions.
- Create linkages between various data within our Business Intelligence software to enable predictive modelling and sophisticated trend analysis
- Produce and improve data visualization for weekly and monthly reporting to management and investors, thereby influencing key business decisions
- Design visualization dashboards to support other iPrice teams in monitoring their key KPIs
- Oversee deployment of data to the data warehouse and work with the tech team to optimize the process
- Review and validate data received from various sources and implement controls to enhance data quality
- Help to identify opportunities to enhance iPrice performance across all departments
- Assist with updating the business plan and various analysis for fundraising
- Work on models for potential mergers and acquisitions as we look for inorganic growth opportunities
- Bachelor's (Master's preferred) degree preferably in Business or a related field
- Basic business knowledge of ecommerce
- Experience in an analytical role, preferably in business intelligence, data quality, investment banking or management consulting
- Very strong working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint (experience with BI visualizations, programming, and database management is a plus)
- Knowledge of Python, R or other coding languages a plus
- Previous experience working in a startup or dynamic high-growth environment is a plus