- Work with the current React.js platform as well as explore other potential
technologies when needed.
- Integrate with REST APIs provided by the backend team and provide
guidance for ideal data structure for the backend team to build during the
- Integrate with external systems/plugins/libraries.
- Integrate user-facing elements designed by UI/UX Designer to the
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code.
- Build automated tests for the React.js platform.
- Lead projects and serve as resources for the rest of the team.
- Take ownership of the GoGet web frontend. Be the subject matter expert,
help guide processes and chart the course of the tech team.
- Improve and modularise the tech team.
- Interview, hire, manage, train and grow junior developers.
- Supervise junior developers and code review their work before pushing to
- Be able to work with cross-functional teams to define, design and
develop new features.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Develop, maintain and enhance technical documentation.
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration,
SCRUM, refactoring, code standards).
- Nurture and enforce best and appropriate technical practices.
- Push for automation or efficient methods and tools to achieve technical
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies
into design and overall architecture.
- Influence our technology platform for the better and have views on how it
can help grow the community better.
- Consult experts when necessary.