- Lead the mobile development design, the development, unit/integration testing and maintenance of the mobile applications.
- Ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of the mobile applications.
- To uphold and maintain the mobile development standards and to mentor team members to achieve the appropriate development standards.
- Perform defect monitoring, allocation and reporting.
- Perform assessments and estimations for mobile development deliverables and activities.
- Assess technical feasibility of mobile UI/UX designs.
- During solution planning, contribute to the development of the Solution Plan, including defining the scope, estimates, contingency, schedule, assumptions, and risks.
- Plan, develop and review key technical deliverables.
- Provide technical support to the delivery teams where required.
- Define or clarify technical mobile centric problems and solutions with multidisciplinary stakeholders.
- Understand business, functional, technical, and security aspects as required.
- Identify and report solution and development risks, and propose mitigation actions.
- Advise on the potential benefits and pitfalls of new mobile technologies and provide recommendations.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
- Diploma or Bachelor in Computer Science / Information Technology / Multimedia.
- 5+ years of development experience in mobile applications, specializing using React Native.
- Knowledge on mobile related technologies for building specific or cross platform mobile applications on IOS and Android platforms.
- High level of technical competency, with development and solutioning experience, in one or more of the following:
○ Other native and/or hybrid application and SDK development frameworks.
○ Security and encryption concepts.
○ Mobile UI/UX design approach and principles.
○ API platform, RESTful services, Web Sockets and Asynchronous interactions.
○ Modern security practices, including OWASP guidelines.
○ Mobile app distribution through App Store, Play Store, Enterprise Distribution.
○ API Protocols such as SOAP and Rest API.
○ API Messaging such as XML, JSON and YAML.
○ Redux to manage the application state and applying middleware such as redux-promise, redux-thunk and redux-saga.
○ Use various 3rd party library such as Crashlytics, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics for crash analytics and mobile analytics tagging.
○ React Native bridge code for resolving features or functionalities from iOS Native or Android Native.
- Ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Desire to mentor and help develop the next generation of mobile developers.
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision.
- Self-learner of new mobile related software and technologies.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of different delivery methodologies such as SDLC and/or Agile.
- Desire to employ the use of plugins and tools to provide a better and automated development experience.
- Knowledge and solid experience with database technologies like SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, MS SQL, MY SQL and Sybase.
- Strong knowledge and experience in code versioning tools, such as Git / SVN / Bitbucket.
- Direct experience with Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Selenium, Jasmine or similar technologies.