Founded in 2000, ESL has been developed into the world’s largest esports company leading the industry across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline competitions. It operates high profile, branded international leagues and tournaments such as ESL One, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Pro League and other top tier stadium-size events, as well as ESL National Championships, grassroots amateur cups and matchmaking systems, defining the path from zero to hero as short as possible. With offices all over the world, ESL is leading esports forward on a global scale. ESL is a part of MTG, the leading international digital entertainment group.
Please log in to view salary
About The Job
We’re looking for
- An experienced and highly motivated individual that wants complete creative control to operate quality broadcasts of video games.
- Experience Producing & Operating broadcasts in a live environment.
- End to end practical experience executing broadcasts.
- Experience in pre-production; including creative rundowns, stage designs, lighting, AV, camera plots etc.
- Experience in shot-calling shows, including directing multiple cameras in a live broadcast environment.
- Working knowledge of broadcast workflows and practices.
- Strong multitasking & problem-solving abilities.
- Able to work well with others in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Confident, decisive, and quick.
- Someone who feels at home in a control room.
- Experience and knowledge to manage people underneath you.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Working with the talent to build the story and narrative of broadcasts.
- Shift flexibility including nights or weekends.
This role will require taking a leading role in our TV production team to ensure the quality and vision of our broadcasts. No matter the game or scale, you are in charge of executing the planning, build, setup and activation of regular weekly broadcasts.
- Oversee live broadcast as a whole. Liaise with the team to determine scheduling, verify show info, sponsorship requirements, rehearse and execute shows, and address all other broadcast needs.
- Produce live broadcasts. Craft show structure and source relevant show elements, assist in briefs for talents and the broadcast team and build rundowns.
- Assist in setups, including configuring all gear/ equipment and conducting test runs.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment as necessary.
- Plan the broadcast flow and oversee all parties involved to produce a coherent and professional stream.
- Take direction from the project manager, provide feedback and solutions.
- Liaise with project managers and League Ops to ensure that product vision and stream targets are being met.
- Working with Talent to build the story and narrative for broadcast.
- Continuously strive to improve the quality of ESL MY streams by proactively learning about new equipment, software, or technology.
- Look for new and different styles, techniques, and methods to deliver top quality experiences to your audience.
- Be willing to learn new broadcast programs and techniques.
- Help build and setup broadcasts from scratch.
- Have experience with and technical knowledge of all aspects of TV gear including vision switchers, audio desks, graphics output, replay systems, etc.
- Understand the basics of online broadcasting, including streaming.
- Understand this isn’t your typical 9-5 job, flexibility to work nights and weekends on broadcasts and events is a must.
- High attention to detail while executing a live broadcast. Every cue, transition, graphic, audio track, and camera shot you will make perfect.
- Formal qualifications in Video, Media, or TV.
- On the job experience in a similar role.
- Experience with TV hardware and software (VMIX, Tricaster, Caspar, etc)
- Knowledge in production equipment/software to run the show (Camera, Lighting, Audio Mixer, OBS, Emulators, Converters, etc)
- Strong prior experience broadcasting and streaming online.
- Good proficiency in English/Bahasa Malaysia
- Fast and proficient in all aspects of your work.
- Experience in a similar role and clearly shown in your CV and Showreel.
- Team Player - Always open to performing tasks and helping the production team. Willing to learn and follow.
- Efficient storyteller - You have the passion and skills to captivate the audience, knowing how to entertain and inform the audience, building up players into stars.
- You love gaming and esports.
- You want to work full time in esports broadcast.
- You are creative and want a way to express that through broadcasting and gaming.
- You have experience in a similar role or workplace.
- You have strong technical knowledge of TV.
- You are an excellent content creator.
- You have a strong initiative.
- You take great pride in your work and always push for the product to be the best it can be.
- You want opportunities to work abroad with other ESL offices around the world.
WANT TO JOIN THE ESL FAMILY?
We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. This reflects the founding story of our company, that is still very much in our DNA. We create esports leagues and tournaments that provide more opportunity for participation and progression than any other sport. This is our passion. What about yours?
At ESL we see ourselves as creators. We are competitors and collectively we develop esports worldwide.
Join us on the journey of esports!