Founded in 2000, ESL has been developed into the world’s largest esports company leading the industry across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline competitions. It operates high profile, branded international leagues and tournaments such as ESL One, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Pro League and other top tier stadium-size events, as well as ESL National Championships, grassroots amateur cups and matchmaking systems, defining the path from zero to hero as short as possible. With offices all over the world, ESL is leading esports forward on a global scale. ESL is a part of MTG, the leading international digital entertainment group.
Accounting & Finance
Please log in to view salary
Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur
About The Job
This role will require taking a leading role in our finance team. You will be working closely with our regional and global finance teams to ensure the financial aspect of the company is well taken care of.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annually closing in a timely manner
- Be responsible for the timely financial reporting for the company which will include coordinating the preparation of financial statements, reports, analysis, forecast, and other information for management.
- Ensure compliance with local statutory requirements and the Company’s accounting policies, financial reporting standards & internal control system.
- Prepare the intercompany billings,
- Assist in the preparation of tax computations and liaison with auditors on tax matters concerning the company and its parent company.
- Work closely with the project managers and project controller to make sure that project outcomes are properly accounted for and assist in the preparation of annual company and departmental budgets, periodic forecasts, and budgetary controls.
- Maintain an up-to-date aging report and reconciliation report for accounts receivable/payable
- Perform a periodic check on accounts receivable/payable and liaise with the responsible personnel on overdue accounts
- Check bank balances, monitor liquidity cash flow positions, prepare intercompany billings, ensure correct allocation of GL accounts and cost centers.
- Assist in monitoring the appropriation and financial feasibility of capital expenditure/ projects/ acquisitions.
- Involve in liaising with bankers, auditors, tax agents, and regulatory authorities.
- Review and suggest recommendations to management with the view to improving local financial policies, controls, systems, and processes
- To carry out any other job/assignment that may be given from time to time.
- Degree in Accountancy or professional qualification in ACCA, MIA or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Financial Accounting with handling Audit and Tax experience is an advantage
- Proficient in SAP accounting software and Coupa procurement system
- Familiar with Google Suite (Gmail, Gdrive, Google Sheet, Google Docs, Google Slides)
- Able to handle a full set of accounts and work independently with minimum supervision.
- Meticulous, careful, resourceful, and dedicated with a positive working attitude.
- Good team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in verbal English is a must.
- Fast and proficient in all aspects of your work.
- Experience in a similar role and clearly shown in your CV
- Team Player - Always open to performing tasks and helping the wider team. Willing to learn and follow.
WANT TO JOIN THE ESL FAMILY?
We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. This reflects the founding story of our company, that is still very much in our DNA. We create esports leagues and tournaments that provide more opportunity for participation and progression than any other sport. This is our passion. What about yours?
At ESL we see ourselves as creators. We are competitors and collectively we develop esports worldwide.
Join us on the journey of esports!