We are aggressively expanding our business, and looking for dynamic, driven and motivated individuals to join our team. Our Direct-To-Consumer segment (D2C), is one of our fastest growing product areas in the market, with an abundance of expansion plans and innovative ideas on hand.
IT - Software Development
Please log in to view salary
Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur
About The Job
- Reviewing current systems
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Working closely with analysts, designers and staff
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the programme codes
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Preparation of training manuals for users
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
- Generally, the software developers write the computer programs used for everything from the systems that allow computers to run properly.
- It requires creative minds who want to be on the cutting edge of finding new uses for technology •
- Software developers typically spend their days analyzing the needs of clients and then designing a system to meet those needs.
- They might also recommend software upgrades to existing systems.
- More detailed work comes in the form of designing the step-by-step flowcharts for computing systems that show how program code must be written in order for it to work properly
- Software developers document all of their tasks to ensure that subsequent users can diagnose and fix any problems that might arise in a system, as well perform any maintenance.
- Able to work with designers and analysts to develop Java solutions that match requirements
- Able to participate in meetings with internal/external customers for BAU or project related activities
- Able to work at odd hours or long hours as required especially during support calls
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
- Preference for those certified in Oracle or with Java Certification
- Experienced in the Financial Industry is a plus point - working background in MYSQL, TIBERO is a plus point
- Functional knowledge in credit rating/ credit reporting a plus point
- Special Skills - Required knowledge(s): Object-oriented programming, Code Refactoring - Additional frameworks(s): Struts, Hibernate, Spring - Additional tool(s): Subversion, Netbeans
- Will be involved in projects requiring the rearchitecting of legacy web applications built using Perl, CGI, Struts and Hibernate.
LEADING CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY (CRA)
TRUST, COLLABORATION AND ACCOUNTABILITY
We take pride in our employee being innovative and taking initiative in every assignment. Our success stems from our people, working in teams, giving and taking support, helping to exceed our customer’s expectations. At CTOS, we are not just committed to performing well as individual but as a team to strengthen the company as a whole. Our values of trust, collaboration and accountability are at the heart of everything we do. We see our values as our strength, as well as our responsibility.