If you’re ready for a great career opportunity, now is the time to join Clarivate. The role of the Inside Sales Manager is an exciting opportunity for the right sales leader to lead a team of Inside Sales Account Manager & Account Executive for the assigned business unit & territory. This role is crucial to establish & develop a team of sales champions, along with developing and implementation of key processes, practices & cross-functional relationships needed to support the accelerated growth of the APAC business.
The Inside Sales Manager will be required to provide the guidance & support to the team to manage existing customer relationship & to uncover new business opportunities to achieve the desired new business targets in the assigned territory within the APAC region and develop new business potentials for the assigned IP product platform – in an industry who owns and operates a collection of subscription based product and services focused largely on analytics, including scientific & academic research, patent intelligence and compliance standards, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence trademark, domain & brand protection.
This role will be located in the Penang, Malaysia office and reportsinto the GBC Commercial Sales Director. The ideal candidate is a proven leader with a track record of success in delivering sales results within a fast paced & highly competitive sales environment. This is a great opportunity for an innovative & energetic Inside Sales Manager to effectively build, coach & develop a world class sales team in driving retention and renewals with upsell and cross-sell opportunities & acquiring new businesses opportunities.
• To achieve/exceed territory sales plan by achieving the desired new business targets
• Forecast accurately with constant communication with Sales Director throughout each week/month
• Build & maintain a culture that inspires a sense of urgency, drive constant innovation and learning
• Strong sense of individual & team accountability
• Drive the team’s efficiency in building trust with customers, qualify & execute on new leads and to comply with a pre-defined Clarivate’s sales cycle process which includes the defined process of the CRM tool Salesforce
• Constantly coach and improve the team’s understanding of the relevant set of Clarivate products & solutions positioned to meet the various customer’s needs
• Insights & strong understanding of competitor’s products and services and effectively position Clarivate’s solutions to address the customers’ requirements
• Actively participate in team meetings and events and share best practices of your customer, product and sales knowledge to enhance team collaboration, resource virtualization & productivity
• Responsible for team’s accountability in creating and updating account profiles, providing quotes and booking deals in C-Force & other related CRM tools
• Identify potential targets and review contact lists to drive accuracy & productivity of team’s performance
• Execute on quarterly initiatives, integrated marketing campaigns for verticals, blitz campaigns, etc.
• Assume responsibility to establish & maintain a consistent effective communication & coordination with external sales leaders & field sales team
• Develop collaborative partnerships across the organization include Marketing, Business Systems, Order Management, Sales Operations, and other support teams to ensure successful implementation of programs
Ideal Candidate Profile:
• An experienced sales leader who is not afraid of taking the initiative and generating their own ideas on how to manage existing relationships & and acquire new businesses
• Language Proficiency - Excellent in both verbal/written English language. Additional local language of the assigned geographical market in verbal/written skills will be a plus, preferably also equipped with good presentation skills
• Persistent and motivated to overachieve against target
• Excellent sales, account management and leadership skills
• Great organization and time management skills
• General knowledge and understanding of utilizing SFDC
• The ability to establish & cultivate strong internal & customer focused relationships and work seamlessly within a matrix managed environment
• Desire to excel in a leadership role and work in a fast-paced environment