Department: Commercial Performance and Operations (CPO)
Reports to: Head of Global Business Center
Clarivate is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. We have built some of the most trusted brands across the innovation lifecycle, including the Web of Science™, Cortellis™, DRG, Derwent™, CompuMark™, and MarkMonitor™Today, Clarivate is on a bold entrepreneurial mission to help our clients reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing innovations. For more information, please visit clarivate.com
We employ more than 6000 colleagues in 43 countries. Clarivate is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the tickers NYSE: CCC; CCC.WS.
Clarivate is looking to stand up a world-class Customer Service organization with team members who have the perfect blend of strategic and creative thinking to support our global customers.
Purpose of Position:
The Customer Service Patent Annuities Manager is part of the overall Global Customer Service organization and is responsible for the delivery of quality and cost-effective renewal services with a focus on customer retention, value-add, and execution.
This role is accountable for leading a team of service experts who are tasked with supporting, retaining and growing customer relationships, working with global teams to ensure completion of patent annuity renewals, and continually improving processes and procedures related to patent annuity services.
The individual in this role brings an expertise in strong customer service, execution of renewals, and is adept at inspiring others to follow a customer-driven vision and approach. They also bring previous success with creating a high performing, engaging, and empowering organizational environment.
The position requires exceptional customer service skills and a strong desire to be on a continual journey of learning a variety of products, content types and customer “personas”. Mastery of spoken and written English, having a positive and friendly demeanor, great problem-solving skills, and both confidence and poise in all customer interactions, particularly via phone, are a must. Additional language skills are a plus.
- Primarily accountable for the support, retention and growth of the existing book of business
- Works with Sales, Legal, and Business Take-On to support new and/or add-on business opportunities
- Influence customers to respond to and participate in semi-annual NPS and transactional surveys and continually improve the on-going support to meet customers’ existing and future needs
- Establish definitions and supporting metrics for customer service delivery and renewal operations goals and measure performance with a feedback loop back to the team
- Manage a balanced and diversified customer assignment model to establish optimum workforce utilization that will enable delivery of quality cost-effective services and scalability for growth
- Imbed renewal best practices and establish proper documentation and training to ensure consistent quality execution of processes
- Anticipate staffing needs and work with Finance and Recruiting teams to plan, recruit, hire and on board the best talent
- Lead, manage, and develop team members and conduct talent reviews and succession planning
- Manage risk to ensure the business is not exposed and ensure that the company’s code of ethics is adhered to by all staff
- Manage monthly and quarterly planning cycles; all routine and ad hoc reporting to stakeholders on success of delivery (e.g. customer satisfaction, retention, etc.)
- Collaborate with other departments to drive operational success through constantly challenging and defining best practices