The Biji-biji Initiative is a social enterprise that aims to share progressive ideas with everyone. We are a community of designers, makers, prototypers, artists and innovators. It is our mission to make sure that our project to have a positive impact by reducing waste, raising awareness, campaign for more transparency and accountability, promoting circular economy and advising individuals, groups and organisations how they can make the changes too. At Me.reka, we provide education platform for people to come together to share their ideas, pick up new skills and make things.
Please log in to view salary
Publika and WFH, Kuala Lumpur
About The Job
Are you a visionary that can design programs that will embody and make way to social changes? Have you been keeping tabs of various impact and development projects in Malaysia, and in the global arena? Are you keen to research and design programs based on various impact development models? Are you excited about the possibility of developing partnerships with various stakeholders in designing education programs for social change - prescribing to Me.reka Programs Framework? Are you organized, sequential, planned and detailed? How does 48-hour deadlines sound to you?
What you will be doing and learning:
- Assist with databasing different funding platforms and grant opportunities available for application
- Assist with researching and identifying opportunities; studying application requirement needs
- Assist with organizing brainstorming sessions for designing program proposals as per Me.reka Programs Framework and Me.reka Programs Content
- Assist with developing proposals by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget standards of performance and evaluation
- Assist with researching, writing and editing drafts, proofreading, compiling and submitting program proposals
- Assist with preparing presentation decks (i.e project proposals, updates, etc)
- Assist with any other tasks as needed
What you will learn:
You will be able to learn about grant and proposal writing, designing impact programmes and managing multiple stakeholder interests. You will also learn about many different aspects that are involved in 21st-century education for youth empowerment, community development and social impact, through our education programme and courses. This is the perfect opportunity for somebody who is still exploring the field or who wishes to develop into an all-rounder.
By joining our team, you will cultivate your people skills and thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
You can also email us your CV and short motivation at [email protected] to apply!
- Pursuing a degree or masters in international development, sustainable development, public policy, law, English, journalism, education or any other relevant field
- If you have no formal education in these fields, yet have a deep interest, experience and required skills, do still submit your application
- Writing skills: Must have a mastery of language: Great spelling, punctuation and grammar count, as well as the ability to write succinctly and boil complex ideas down into simple explanations
- Creativity: Able to understand Request for Proposals and creatively explain ideas in a way that is appealing
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, to meet deadlines
- Organized, sequential, planned and detailed
- Excellent command of the English and Malay language (preferred)
Effectively deal with ad-hoc challenges, keep calm in pressing situations, be flexible with last-minute changes, and still have a positive attitude throughout.
WHO WE ARE
As a social & impact driven organization, we aim to involve as many people as possible in our mission. The effort to care for our world is a burden upon everyone’s shoulders after all. We work with people from all over the world with different stories, skills and backgrounds. This revolving door of ideas and talents allow for a limitless dynamic of ideas!
We thrive in a fast-paced environment by being supportive, creative and fast-thinking problem solvers. A superb team spirit hold us together, in and out of the workplace!