Are you passionate about makerspace education, with a keen interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) subjects and sustainability? Are you an organized and creative? Are you able to work in a fast-paced environment? Are you a people person and enjoy public engagement?
Join our team at Me.reka Makerspace (brainchild of Biji-biji Initiative) as a Makerspace Facilitator!
- Welcome walk-in customers and introduce Me.reka Makerspace.
- Handle general inquiries and feedback by providing accurate information to walk-in customers and visitors.
- Handle Point of Sale (POS) transactions for retail, program registrations, memberships, etc
- Maintain clients leads on CRM platform.
- Liaise and work with Me.reka team in providing excellent service and experience to visitors, clients and customers.
- Always have the latest and updated information and ensure the space remains functional, presentable, clean and orderly.
- Have a good understanding of all Me.reka Labs
- Assist with any labs related enquiries, carrying out lab programmings and assist with ad-hoc needs
- Have good product knowledge (on tools, equipment, materials, and software available and used at Labs)
- Ensure Me.reka members comply to terms & conditions
- Ensure all tools, machines and space are in top-notch condition
Events & Programming
- Assist with preparing, organizing, and coordinating Me.reka Events & Programmings
- Follow up with space rental and catering enquiries, handle sales leads generation, schedule space rental availability, space set-up.
- Assist with updating website content and communications as necessary
- Assist with social media content generation, posting, replying to direct messages, etc
- Assist with handling the management of Me.reka retail products.
- Assist with day-to-day supervision of retail, conducting sales, managing consignment, maintaining stock standard and quality, and stock inventory by complying to the Retail SOP.
- Have a good understanding of retail products, brands, and the manufacturing process.
- Liaise with retail consignors for the stock logistics.
- Organize seasonal promotion, displays and stocks.
Facilities & Operations
- Assist with procurement
- Assist with scheduling, coordinating and overseeing cleaning, recycling and composting with internal and external parties
- Assist with scheduling, coordinating and overseeing facilities maintenance, repair, improvement and building with internal and external parties
- Assist with overseeing and maintaining utilities, storage, office maintenance and health and safety.
- Ensure general store room remains organized, tidy and clean
All roles at Me.reka are about making changes, innovation and making things real. You are to be part of our team to demonstrate passion and commitment to education, lifelong skills and iron out community challenges.
By joining our team, you will cultivate your people skills, a state-of-art tools skills and the art of education.
You can also email us your CV and short motivation at [email protected]