We are a company with a dedicated cause of providing the relevant technical and soft skills in a comprehensive environment. If you believe in our cause and feel passionate about it, we would like to hear from you
Operations and admin
Please log in to view salary
Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
About The Job
The Operations Lead (“Lead”) embodies the mission of Sandbox.asia and articulates that mission for all aspects of Sandbox.asia’s programmes. The lead is responsible for the overall management of Sandbox.asia, in accordance with the Board of Directors’ (“board”) policies. The lead is the spokesperson for Sandbox.asia with all its internal and external constituencies including participants, parents, facilitators and business partners.
Though much of the work is delegated to facilitators, administrative and business partners, the lead has ultimate and overall responsibility for curriculum development and delivery instruction, admission and advancement. The lead advises the board but is not responsible for governance matters just as the board advises the lead but is not responsible for management matters. Together, the lead and the board form an equal partnership in running Sandbox.asia, each in their respective spheres of management and governance.
The operations lead is an ex officio, non-voting, member of the board and all board committees. The operations lead:
- Keeps the board informed of all matters relating to the school through reports at board meetings and immediate communication following major school events or happenings.
- Provides data to assist the board in its work.
- Makes recommendations to the board for approval of the operating and capital budgets, including all categories of income and expenditures.
- Seeks direction from the board on new initiatives.
- Staffs the board’s strategic planning process.
- Jointly with the board, sets annual goals for his/her performance.
- Provides documentation materials for the board to use in his/her evaluation.
- Sees that board records and minutes are properly filed, and otherwise assists the board in its works as asked.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Upholds the quality and ethical standards of Sandbox.asia.
- Supervises and evaluates all administrators, facilitation, and staff members.
- Supervises the selection of curricula, class schedules, requirements, and all aspects of the Sandbox.asia’s programmes.
- Optimises the physical learning environment and technology in all areas of programmes.
- Administers standards of conduct.
- Reports participant progress on a timely and helpful basis.
Business, Finance, Marketing and Operations
- Understands and supervises the business functions of Sandbox.asia, including budgeting; monitoring and reporting income, expenses, investments, and cash flow; maintenance of appropriate records; and assisting the auditors.
- Oversees all human relations matters, such as facilitator agreements, salaries, benefits, job assignments, job orientation, performance evaluation, retentions and dismissals, personnel records etc.
- Assists the board and supervises internal/ external marketing, external outreach, website development and maintenance, information dissemination, and participant registration.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work with all levels of people
- Able to lead, manage and motivate a team of peers
- Good management traits
- Related work experience is a plus.
- Self starter
- Able to work with minimal supervision
WHY WORK WITH US
A SHORT EXERP ABOUT US
We are a start-up providing STEAM education programmes based in Klang Valley whose aim is to build a digitally-enabled society through our programmes and are looking for exciting talent who share our vision