The Biji-biji Initiative is a social enterprise that aims to share progressive ideas with everyone. We are a community of designers, makers, prototypers, artists and innovators. It is our mission to make sure that our project to have a positive impact by reducing waste, raising awareness, campaign for more transparency and accountability, promoting circular economy and advising individuals, groups and organisations how they can make the changes too. At Me.reka, we provide education platform for people to come together to share their ideas, pick up new skills and make things.
Please log in to view salary
Publika Shopping Gallery, Kuala Lumpur
About The Job
We're looking for a go-getter that is passionate to design and build great experiences with us and for all kinds of people! You will be working in Me.reka Innovation Labs that are for professional makers or curious learners to do any design project, electronics, fabrication, end-to-end prototyping and customisation work.
You will be required to support designer and sales activity for the Design Lab department. If you are full of energy and are passionate to explore various elements in making and testing something new, then this internship will be a beneficial experience for you. We are looking for industrial design intern to assist our makerspace and labs.
The core responsibilities:
- Assist for day-to-day operation, coordination and client's requests
- Product design into 3D objects and laser-cut products from ideas generation, design sketches, 3D modelling and prototyping
- Be front of the house of the makerspace and Me.reka design labs and inquiring customer's needs
- Handle clients and manage their expectations on different projects
You will need to be physically present at the office, Me.reka, KL on daily basis.
What you will learn:
As a small team, you will be able to receive intensive training and understand the various tasks quickly. In this internship, you will be able to learn about many different aspects that are involved in the product design and production engineering. This is the perfect opportunity for somebody who is still exploring the field or who wishes to develop into an all-rounder.
By joining our team, you will cultivate your people skills, a state-of-art tools skills and thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
You can also email us your CV and short motivation at [email protected] to apply!
- Interest and knowledge in Product/Industrial Design and any related areas
- AutoCAD, Inventor, 3ds Max, Solidworks, Rhino, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
- Able to work to deadlines and be under pressure
- Attention to detail and able to communicate with others and work together with relevant teams
- Personality: eye for design, willing to learn and be creative, positive and enthusiastic
- Passionate about education and creativity
Effectively deal with ad-hoc challenges, keep calm in pressing situations, be flexible with last-minute changes, and still have a positive attitude throughout :)
During your internship period, you are required to be familiar about each team vision and mission.
WHO WE ARE
As a social & impact driven organization, we aim to involve as many people as possible in our mission. The effort to care for our world is a burden upon everyone’s shoulders after all. We work with people from all over the world with different stories, skills and backgrounds. This revolving door of ideas and talents allow for a limitless dynamic of ideas!
We thrive in a fast-paced environment by being supportive, creative and fast-thinking problem solvers. A superb team spirit hold us together, in and out of the workplace!